Due to the convenience of virtual communication and online socializing, online dating has been growing steady fast over the years. In fact, international dating on the net memberships show that this service grows 20 percent yearly.
Statistics shows that in the United States alone, nearly 40 million Americans are currently subscribed to at least one online dating service. Surveys also show that over $300 million is spent annually for dating on the net and with over 800 matchmaking sites in the Internet today, this figure is expected to grow double in the coming years.
OPENING A VIRTUAL AVENUE
Veering away from the common notion that online dating is creepy and unsafe, dating on the net today has unveiled a new and refreshing face that has become acceptable to many. Banking on the concept of hassle-free and time-saving socialization alternative for people on-the-go, matchmaking has become a credible and reliable avenue in expanding one’s social pool and connection.
With the advancement of future online matchmaking, more and more people are getting hooked to discovering endless possibilities trough online dating. Most people who are into this service say that it is a good avenue for knowing and meeting other people because you can be very exact in your likes and dislikes and you get to choose who are the people you will communicate with that have the same interest as you are. While look into having dates on the net as a fresh start to expanding their social connections, others see it as a catalyst for their personal renewal.
Aside from these, the following are remarkable benefits of online dating:
– If you want to ensure safety, dating on the net is safer compared to meeting someone personally. Today, these services create ways to protect their user’s identity until they are ready to reveal it.
– It is less expensive compared to regular dating. If you go out on a date, let’s say in a restaurant, it would probably take you $70 to $100 in just one night. But going on an online dating service would cost you $20-$50 monthly that comes with special services plus you will have not only one opportunity to meet and know somebody but you can communicate with others without spending that much.
– Chance meeting is eliminated on online dating. Since you can access the Internet anytime, you can communicate and meet with people 24/7 without the hassle of chance meetings.
– Online dating opens up a better opportunity for you to get somebody better before getting into a commitment. Since the process of this service moves on a slower pace compared to meeting and dating somebody in person, you will have longer time to know the person you’re interested with.
– Dating at your ultimate comfort. Since online dating is virtual, there are lesser restrictions and definitely no dress codes. Instead of dressing up when you go on a date, you can date online without fussing about your physical appearance.
– You have more dating options and preferences to choose from. Since online dating includes so many people across the globe, you have wider reach to as many cultures as possible.
– Meeting on the net services offer so many choices for you to narrow down. If you are looking for a potential partner, dating on the net will give you as many possibilities as possible. Since you can communicate with almost everyone on the Internet, you can have your own set of prospects and narrow them down according to your compatibility.
ONLINE DATING FOR FREE
Today, virtual dating has become more popular with the emergence of countless websites that offer free places to date on the web. Listed below are the most popular sites that offer free online dating:
1. Book of Matches. This is one popular site that offers free online dating because the creators believe that this service should be free, fun, and easy. This specific site combines the ideas of human and computer matching that provides real-time environment.
2. Plenty of Fish. Bearing a tagline of “100% free, put away your credit card,” users are allowed to search people by gender, by state, by city, or even by birthday.
3. Dating Hall. It is quite popular because it offers free membership so people could search “fun and friendship, romance, love, and marriage,” partners.
4. Connecting Singles. It has many supporters because it provides an option for the members/users to meet by choice not by chance.
5. Friend Finder. This site offers free online dating that opens the door for friendship, dating, and romance.